US STOCKS-Futures flat as data, Fed minutes awaited
* Futures: Dow off 7 pts, S&P down 1 pt, Nasdaq up 1 pt
NEW YORK, Nov 20 (Reuters) - U.S. stock index futures were
little changed Wednesday ahead of the release of
stimulus-influencing inflation data and the minutes from the
most recent Federal Reserve policy-making meeting.
* The U.S. Labor Department releases its Consumer Price
Index for October at 8:30 a.m. EST (1330 GMT). Economists
surveyed by Reuters expect an unchanged reading compared with a
0.2 percent rise in September. Excluding food and energy items,
the CPI is expected to have risen 0.1 percent, the same gain as
* Real earnings and retail sales for October are also
expected at 8:30 a.m. while September business inventories are
due at 10:00 a.m. (1500 GMT).
* Fed Chairman Ben Bernanke, in a speech late Tuesday that
echoed dovish comments by his nominated successor, Janet Yellen,
said the U.S. central bank will maintain ultra-easy monetary
policy for as long as needed. The policy has been a pillar of
the current rally in equities.
* Minutes from the Fed's late October meeting will be
released at 2:00 p.m. (1900 GMT).
* Deere & Co (Symbol : DE) reported higher-than-expected
fourth-quarter profit and forecast 2014 earnings that topped
estimates. Its shares gained 2.7 percent in premarket trading.
* S&P 500 futures fell 1 point and were slightly
below fair value, a formula that evaluates pricing by taking
into account interest rates, dividends and time to expiration on
the contract. Dow Jones industrial average futures fell 7
points and Nasdaq 100 futures added 1 point.
* Shares of home improvement chain Lowe's (Symbol : LOW) fell 3.3
percent in premarket trading after it reported a rise in
quarterly profit that slightly missed analysts' expectations.
(Reporting by Rodrigo Campos; Editing by Bernadette Baum)
(c) Reuters 2013. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.